Monday, August 31, 2009

The Tigermoth flies and then flies the coop...

So, the other "alternative" car that I was looking at before settling on the Photon was the Tigermoth LCG V10. I liked the layout with everything straight down the middle like the Losi, and the laydown shocks were an interesting feature. I didn't get a real warm and fuzzy from their presence on rctech.net - I had asked if they had an electronic version of the manual available and got nothing but silence. I'm very happy with my choice, and think I would have regretted very much choosing the Tigermoth over the Photon.

Without further ado :




So Dave had brought it out for one night of testing - he had some problems with the car mostly related to fit and finish and having the "Oreo cookie" (carbon fiber) de-laminate on the steering bellcrank. Nothing too major or unfixable, but he couldn't get anyone from Tigermoth on the phone or to respond to his e-mails for a few days, and when they did finally respond the answer was "figure it out yourself", which really did not sit well with him - so he very politely let them know he would not be racing for them at this time and proceeded to send the cars back!

However - he did manage to marshal this night!

Nevermind that all the other cars are lined up like they would before a race even starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment