Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Acer Racing bearings!

It's amazing where some of the conversations I have with Larry at work inevitibly lead. Larry is recently into the rebuilding of turn-of-the-century pocket watches. Today, he was talking about a watch he just picked up that wasn't working. He opened it up, and oiled all the moving parts, and it started ticking in his hand as he is oiling it. He then started telling me about this pocket watch oil (of course I forget the brand), and I look it up to find it goes for $25 for 2cc's of the stuff!!! Okay, now I'll do the unit conversion for you : 1 fluid ounce is 30 cc's. That makes that $25 for 1/15's of an ounce of oil. I decided to look up bearing oil for RC's on the barely-safe-for work Acer Racing website where they have thier SIN for $9 an ounce, a practical steal in comparison!

And then I got to looking to see if they had a ceramic bearing kit for the Photon... I navigated their bearing kits but didn't find it, so I e-mailed them to ask if they had one in the works - it didn't take long to get an answer back. They already did, and it was currently on sale! Eric sent me a direct link to the kit : http://www.acerracing.com/ball_bearings/TOP_Racing_Photon_Ceramic_Bearing_Kit-1187-0.html

I don't know how long it will be on sale, but at $86 for a ceramic bearing kit with free shipping, it's also a practical steal! Now, it's just a matter of waiting for the postman to ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment